Customers in Australia who spent money on the iPhone 5's new 30-pin Lightning adapter will be receiving their orders soon, according to e-mail notifications that were sent out recently by Apple itself. There is said to be an ongoing shortage of the said adapters so those who ordered early can expect to get their Lightning adapters to arrive first. A global rollout of the 30-pin Lightning adapter for the Apple iPhone 5 should be announced shortly after these first shipments get completed.
What Else You Need To Know
- There are currently two different versions of the 30-pin Lightning adapter for the iPhone 5. One is a direct plug adapter and costs $29 while the other comes with an 8-inch cable and costs $39.
- Apple is currently the only manufacturer that is able to supply these 30-pin Lightning adapter to customers, with third-party accessory makers still unable to make copies of their own to sell to users of the iPhone 5.
The company seems to be experiencing some shortage when it comes to these adapters. So if you ordered late, you may have to wait a bit.- Ci, iPhoneNess
- Phones Review
- Apple Lightning Adapter now available, first wave shipping
- Apple Insider
Apple starts shipping first Lightning to 30-pin Adapter orders
Apple on Monday sent out emails notifying a number of Australian customers that their Lightning to 30-pin Adapter orders had shipped.
- The Inquirer
- Apple starts shipping Lightning adapters
- Apple iPhone 5 30-pin to Lightning adapters start shipping
- iPhone Download Blog
Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapters now shipping
Reports are coming in that the first round orders began shipping yesterday.
- Phone Arena
- Apple starts shipping Lightning to 30-pin adapters
- Know Your Mobile
Apple begins shipping iPhone 5 ‘Lightning’ adaptors
Apple's Lightning adaptors for MicroUSB and Apple 30-pin hardware are now shipping to customers
Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter Shipping, Mini Cinema for iPhone
Apple is offering two versions of this adapter.
- Fone Arena
- Apple Lightning to Micro USB Adapter for iPhone 5
- iPhone Hacks
- Apple Begins Shipping Lightning To 30-Pin Adapter
- Apple finally shipping Lightning to 30-pin adapters
- Apple starts shipping 30-pin dock port adapters
Apple Finally Begins Shipping Adapters For The New iPhone 5 Plug (AAPL)
iPhone 5 users rejoice, you'll soon be able to use your old 30-pin dock accessories with your new phone.
- Area Cellphone
- iPhone 5 HDMI VGA Lightning Cables Update: Apple Shipping 30 Pin Converter
- Everything iCafe
- The Lightning To 30-Pin Adapter Has Started To Ship
- Mobile Orchard
- Apple finally begins shipping 30 pin Lightning Adapter.
Apple Now Shipping Lightning To Dock Connector Adapters
After weeks of waiting Apple is finally shipping Lighting to Dock Connector adapters to users who ordered them.
- Apple's Lightning to 30-pin Adapter now shipping, customers told
Apple is Shipping Lightning 30-pin Adapters in Australia, US to Come Soon?
Apple announced that their Lightning to 30-pin adapter would be available in October.
- Fone Arena
- Apple’s Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter Begins Shipping
- Apple Lightning Adapters Now Shipping
- Into Mobile
Apple’s 30-pin to lightning adapter starts shipping in the land down under
Customers in Australia are reporting this morning that they’ve received notification that Apple’s long-awaited 30-pin to Lightning adapters have begun shipping via kangaroo TNT Express.
Apple Begins Shipping Lightning Adapters
These are a godsend for consumers looking to connect their iPhone 5 to the rest of their Apple Ecosystem.
- Mobile Magazine
- Apple Lightning Adapters Finally Shipping it Seems
- Apple reportedly shipping Lightning-to-30-pin adapters