A few days of soak testing was all it took for Motorola to finally start rolling out OTA Android Jelly Bean updates for all users of the Xoom Wi-Fi tablet. This makes the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi part of a very short list of devices that have been officially updated to the latest version of Android. If you own a Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi yourself but weren't able sign up to become part of the exclusive software test, just check for updates on your device and you should be able to find information on upgrading to Android 4.1.1.
What Else You Need To Know:
- Jelly Bean is the code name for the latest version of Android, which is at version 4.1.1, and it made its debut alongside the Google Nexus 7.
- So far, other than the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, only Nexus-branded devices from Google have been given official Android Jelly Bean update.
Move over, Nexus 7 — you’re not the only Jelly Bean-powered Android tab in town anymore.- Chris Velazco, TechCrunch
After patiently waiting through OTA updates for the HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S, Xoom owners have to be glad to finally be joining the party.- Jeff Blagdon, The Verge
- Into Mobile
- Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out to All Motorola XOOM WiFi Owners
- Motorola Xoom WiFi's Jelly Bean upgrade arriving for regular users
- Motorola’s Xoom Wi-Fi Tablets Now Receiving Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update
- Motorola Xoom users report receiving Android 4.1.1 update