Aside from rumors about developing a new smartphone, Amazon is again creating buzz with its new social gaming service called GameCircle for the Kindle Fire tablet. GameCircle will equip game developers with helpful tools to create exciting and interactive games.
Amazon’s new social service features an achievement system and leaderboards, which is similar to Apple’s Game Center. It also has a sync feature wherein game progress can be saved into the cloud and sync'd with other devices.
The new GameCircle APIs mean that developers don't have to worry about building leaderboards, achievements or sync in their games – they can focus on the elements of their games that are truly unique while building an immersive, more entertaining experience on Kindle Fire- Paul Ryder, Vice President of Apps and Games at Amazon
- GameCircle brings achievements, save game sync to Amazon's tablet
- Amazon Pumps Up Kindle Fire Gaming With GameCircle, Opens APIs To Developers
- Amazon GameCircle Brings Leaderboards & Achievements to Kindle Fire
- Amazon announces Apple-like GameCircle for Kindle Fire [video]
- Amazon Introduces GameCircle For Kindle Fire Games – New API For Developers To Sync Game Saves and More
- Amazon GameCircle gives Kindle Fire owners Game Center-style features
- Tech Radar
- Amazon launches GameCircle platform for Kindle Fire tablet