Following Pebble Watch's overwhelmingly successful fundraising campaign via Kickstarter, creators of the Agent are touting their new smartwatch at the crowd funding platform. Agent, which is touted as "the world's smartest watch", features two processors: one with higher performance capabilities and one extremely low-power variant to handle simple background tasks. Other notable features include wireless Qi induction charging with an included pad. Pledge points at Kickstarter will begin at $149 (which will give users an AGENT smartwatch minus the wireless charger). The device is expected to retail at around $249 when it ships late this year.
What Else You Need To Know
- Early-bird backers at Kickstarter can pre-order the device for $129.
- The gadget features a 120HMz ARM Cortex-M4 processor, a 1.28-inch display, Bluetooth 4.0, onboard motion and light sensors and an OS that allows developers to write apps for it using C# and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- The watch, according to the creators, should get up to 7 days of battery life with its smart functions activated, or up to 30 days of standby in "watchface-only" mode.
- Tech giants Apple, Samsung, Google and LG are also developing their own smart watches, according to recent reports.
What the Agent has that others don’t is a combination of power management features and wireless charging.- Darrell Etherington, Mobile Crunch
- Mobile Crunch
- Meet Agent, A Smartwatch With A Second Processor For Minimizing Power Consumption And Wireless Charging
- Droid Life
- Agent Smartwatch Launches on Kickstarter, Like a Thicker Pebble That’s a Year Late to the Party
- Mobility Digest
- I’m tempted to back the Agent Smart watch (Qi charging and even WP8)
- Android Community
- AGENT smartwatch Kickstarter project goes live