Acer is joining the already crowded budget-tablet party with a $230 tablet that will be available October 30th. The Iconia Tab A110 has Google Nexus 7-like features: the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, 8 GB of storage, and a front camera. The Iconia Tab A110 has a microSD card slot (up to 32GB) and micro HDMI port that are missing in the Google/Asus tablet and a higher resolution webcam (2MP compared to just 1.3MP for the Nexus). The Acer slate's 7-inch, 1024 x 600 resolution display is not as sharp as the Nexus' 1280 x 800 WXGA pixels (216 ppi), and the Nexus 7 tablet has a better battery life, comes with NFC functionality, and is a shade lighter and thinner.
What Else You Need To Know
- Despite its decent specs, the Acer tablet may have a hard time replicating the success of the Nexus 7, which was launched in July. The Iconia Tab would be released at a time when Apple is releasing a cheaper and smaller version of the iPad, and Microsoft and device-makers flooding the market with Windows 8 devices.
- Tablets $30 cheaper than the $230 Acer tablet include the Google Nexus 7, the Amazon Kindle Fire HD, and the Barnes & Noble’s NOOK HD.
At that price, Acer will be in for some very strong competition, and we’re not sure whether the Iconia A110 can quite hold up to the scrutiny.- Chris Davies, SlashGear
Acer's A110 is a direct challenge to the popular Google Nexus 7, the first tablet to offer Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but the A110 falls short of Google's tablet in a few ways- Ian Paul, PCWorld
- Acer's 7-Inch Android Tablet Will Cost $230
Acer Iconia A110 wades into budget tablet waters (but is it cheap enough?)
At that price, Acer will be in for some very strong competition, and we’re not sure whether the Iconia A110 can quite hold up to the scrutiny. Both the Nexus 7 and Barnes & Noble’s NOOK HD are cheaper out of the gate – each kicks off at $199.99 – and have better quality displays, running at 1280 x 800 and 1440 x 900 respectively.
Acer’s Android 4.1-Powered 7-Inch Iconia Tab A110 Hits U.S. And Canada October 30 For $229.99
The tablet is in line with what you’d likely expect from a budget offering, so there’s no rear-facing camera, but there is a front-facing one for web chat applications
- All About Symbian
Acer Iconia A110 budget tablet stumbles at the “budget” bit
Given both Google and B&N’s models are thirty bucks cheaper, it may well struggle.
Acer’s Iconia Tab A110 Joins the 7-Inch Fray
Until now, the only other 7-incher with Google’s flagship OS has been the Nexus 7.
- Acer Iconia Tab A110 packs Tegra 3 and Jelly Bean into a 7-inch tablet for $229.99
- Android Central
- Acer announces the 7-inch A110 tablet, Tegra 3, 8GB, and microSD card slot
- Chip Chick
- Acer Brings Its Nexus 7 Competitor The the US On October 30
- PC World
Acer's juices 7-inch tablet market with $230 Iconia Tab A110 running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Acer's A110 is a direct challenge to the popular Google Nexus 7, the first tablet to offer Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but the A110 falls short of Google's tablet in a few ways
Acer Iconia Tab A110 tablet U.S. and Canadian pricing and release date announced
All said and done, this tablet does not have the highest of specs. Just for one, the display resolution and internal storage is lower as compared to the Nexus 7
- Acer announces two Windows 8 tablets
- Acer takes on Nexus 7 with $230 Iconia Tab A110
Acer’s budget-friendly A110 tablet coming to the US on October 30 for $230
And that’s only if they haven’t already lined up for the iPad Mini, which Apple will unveil on October 23rd. It’s a tough time to launch a budget tablet in the market, and Acer’s A110 will likely get left behind.
Quad Core Tablet Acer Iconia Tab A110 Gets Priced at $230, Coming to USA on October 30
In case you’re wondering, the CPU inside has a frequency of 1.2 GHz on the new Acer Iconia model and I sure hope the quality is better in this case compared to the previous Iconias I’ve seen in 2012.
- TabletPC Review
- Acer Unveils 7-Inch Quad-Core Tablet, Iconia A110
- Into Mobile
- Acer Announces 7″ Iconia A110 Tablet – Jelly Bean and Tegra 3 for $230
- Acer launches Iconia Tab A110, an overpriced Nexus 7 wannabe
Acer Iconia Tab A110 might make you second guess that Nexus 7 purchase – Maybe
The Iconia Tab A110 rocks many of the specs you’d find in the in the Nexus 7, including the NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor, 8 GB internal storage, 1GB of RAM, and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- Acer to launch 7-inch Iconia Tab A110 with Jelly Bean for $229.99 on October 30th
- Acer launches 7-inch Iconia Tab A110 Android tablet to compete against iPad Mini, Kindle Fire HD
- Acer’s Iconia Tab A110 Muscles into 7-inch Category Wielding Tegra 3 and Jelly Bean