Did you know that RIM is working on a 10-inch version of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet for release in 2013? Indeed it is, and whether RIM likes it or not, the general public now have a clear picture of what this upcoming device looks like as it has already been leaked for the world to see. Decked out in all black, the 10-inch BlackBerry PlayBook from RIM looks exactly like what you'd expect it to look like--a bigger version of the 7-incher that's currently available in the market. The overall finish is matte, and hardware features include dual cameras plus a built-in SIM card slot that's expected to be used for LTE data. Not much else is known about it at the moment, other than it might still run on a dual-core chipset from Texas Instruments and that it's scheduled for a 2013 release.
What Else You Need To Know:
- RIM's 10-inch BlackBerry PlayBook is codenamed "Blackforest" and is expected to arrive in Q3 2013 at the earliest.
- BlackBerry 10 OS delays have affected the launch dates of this and other BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.
- The 4G LTE version of the 7-inch BlackBerry PlayBook is set to become available before this 10-inch model.
Aside from the modifications in size, this PlayBook is just like the 7 inch unit. I can’t really understand why RIM failed to launch this product yet.- James Alexander, Tablet-News
- 10-inch BlackBerry PlayBook leaks ahead of 2013 debut
- 10 Inch BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Leaks, Looks More Like a Blast From the Past
- Cell Phone Signal
- A 10-Inch BlackBerry PlayBook Turns Up In Vietnam (RIMM)
- Chip Chick
- Will RIM Release This Ten-Inch BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet?
- Tech Radar
- BlackBerry PlayBook with 10-inch display in the works?