I have a 5G phone and have an ATT SIM. I am in an ATT 5G covered area by the map but only get LTE 4G. CC says 5G will show up automatically but it doesn't. Any ideas? If I get a T-Mobile SIM it will connect to 5G.
On the last note, I read yesterday about it AT&T and Verizon delaying the implementation. That probably is why you aren't getting any. I think it would be best to directly contact AT&T now just to be sure if 5G is rolled out in your area.
- On cellular = 72Mbps down 26Mbps up (Consumer Cellular carrier with MVNO ATT SIM to ATT towers)
- On wifi = 600 down 97 up (T-Mobile Home Internet 5G IPS).
- Phone = OnePlus 8T - Snapdragon 865, 128GB RAM, 256GB ROM, 120HZ Fluid Amoled 6.55 Display, Android 11 (OnePlus Oxygen OS latest update Dec.)
- With a T-Mobile SIM I can get 5G on this phone without any change in settings using Consumer Cellular but with T-Mobile towers
- Today ATT and Verizon are scheduled to implement something for 5G to their towers and the airlines don't like it. Could this implementation change my situation? I show I am in a fully covered ATT 5G network area already.